I attended a task force meeting Friday and there was a lot of inspiration for future blog posts on topics that have and will directly impact both those looking for jobs as well as companies needing talent.
Parties in attendance represented employment news, concerns, and trends from the perspectives of the (Chester) county economic development council, the state (PA) unemployment office, non-profit community outreach, employers, human resources, recruiters, and career and leadership coaching.
Here are a list of the topics discussed that I plan on covering in the coming weeks:
- Experiential Recruiting: Evaluating Candidates on a New Level for Better Hires
- Emotional Intelligence Training: Solving the Soft Skills Shortage
- Don’t Layoff Talent with Obsolete Skills; Train them on the State’s Dime
- What Requirements for Years of Experience Really Mean
- What Really Increases Employee Engagement; It’s Not Benefits
- How Outreach Efforts to Economically Depressed Areas Can Be Augmented
- Average Housing Costs Exceed Average Income – Can Employers Solve This Crisis?
- The Online Application Process Sucks For Everyone
I would love your input on which of these topics interest you most. Please comment with the number(s) you most want to read about sooner rather than later and follow me if you have not yet already so that you know when it posts.
Also, I know that LinkedIn doesn’t make it easy to search through someone’s previous posts; there’s no effective search feature, and the shelf life of a post is very short, unless engagement somehow spikes after the fact. So, know that you can also subscribe to my blog where you can search by keyword and month and easily see the most previous topics: www.epiccareering.com/blog.
Also, these blogs are shared on Facebook at www.facebook.com/UnveilYourBrilliance. If you prefer using that, like the page so you can be alerted to new posts and videos.
If you are seeking a speaker on any of these or related topics, contact me.
ATS > average housing costs > average income > emotional intelligence > employee engagement > employment issues > experiential hiring > experiential interviewing > experiential recruiting > online applications > outreach efforts > soft skills > training
Edição comemorativa dos 50 anos do lançamento do primeiro disco dos Beatles – Please Please Me – Faixa nº 11.